Kimley-Horn’s core purpose is to provide an environment for our people to flourish. Founded in 1967, we have over 2,800 employees in 80 offices. Our engineers, planners, and environmental scientists offer creative, real-world solutions to private and public sector clients in a wide range of service areas.
We are seeking a Municipal Practice Builder based in San Diego, CA. The qualified individual will be responsible for the management and design of municipal infrastructure projects while leading the business development efforts and managing relationships with key clients in their areas of expertise. We're seeking a seller/doer who can work directly with the team and provide direction and technical expertise on the details of each project. Areas of expertise may include but are not limited to; transportation infrastructure, traffic, roadway design, parking, streetscapes, transit structures, BRT, water and sewer, parks, and/or site design.
The successful candidate will be given a great deal of autonomy to lead, direct, and grow their practice and the business.
We offer an excellent benefits package including a stellar bonus program, impressive retirement and opportunities for ownership. We are also known as one of FORTUNE'S "100 Best Companies to Work for in America."
Visit our website for more information: http://www.kimley-horn.com/join-our-team/working-at-kimley-horn/
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
• Registered P.E in the State of California
• 10 or more years of experience in civil design and municipal infrastructure engineering.
• Client contacts and relationships with government agencies and municipalities local to San Diego County.
• Business development skills and the proven track record of pursuing and winning work.
• Experience writing proposals, making presentations, and writing scopes of work
• Knowledge and experience with the full life cycle of projects in their respective area of expertise or discipline from studies to final design
• Extensive hands on knowledge and experience of civil design principals
• Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver high quality work and projects profitably.
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to manage staff, and direct resources effectively in a positive manner.
Kimley-Horn is one of the nation’s most comprehensive and best respected engineering and land planning firms. With over 2,500 staff in more than 70 offices, the firm offers full services in a wide range of disciplines: aviation, the environment, intelligent transportation systems, forensic engineering, land development, landscape architecture, parking, renewable energy, transit, transportation, roads and bridges, urban redevelopment, water resources, and wireless communications.