The City of Issaquah is seeking a skilled, innovative individual to fill the position of Senior Engineer. Senior Engineers oversee design and construction of major transportation, water, sewer, and storm water projects, lead technical teams of professional engineers, support staff and consultants, and participate in collaborative work teams to complete capital improvement projects. The work requires excellent interpersonal and project management skills and advanced engineering training and experience. This position will be responsible for a variety of projects, including the primary point of contact for the City's storm water program. Our ideal candidate will be an engineering generalist who has experience in both water resources and transportation and the technical knowledge and ability to manage projects across civil engineering specialties.
Issaquah is a rapidly growing community, well known for its environmental amenities, excellent quality of life, and countless cultural and educational opportunities. The Public Works Engineering Department works closely with the community provide outstanding services. The Department is committed to continuous improvement, excellence in operations and fiscal stewardship.
Conducts or directs the preparation of major planning or designs engineering studies by identifying and researching needs and problems in the area of specialization.
Designs complex major structures or projects requiring advanced engineering skills; supervises or reviews the design and drafting work of other engineers. Includes proficiency with engineering design software like AutoCAD Civil 3D.
Monitors the collection of field data and the technical evaluations used to develop recommendations. Includes long range program planning.
Performs extensive research related to the financing, technology, environmental impact and legal issues of a major program or function.
Prepares economic and political analyses to provide for the effective planning of specialized public works projects.
Develops, coordinates, promotes and administers funding programs to support specialized project. Includes lobbying state, federal and local sources and drafting fund proposals.
Manages the selection and administration of engineering consultants performing work for planning and reports; determines specifications and estimates.
Formulates City responses to issues raised by the development and implementation of a specialized function or program area.
Education and Training:
· A Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related field and five years engineering experience
· Three years of project administration and management responsibilities; or any combination of education and experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and ability required to perform the job.
· Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D strongly preferred.
Licensing and Certification:
· A Professional Engineer's License and a valid Washington State Driver's License with a driving record free from serious or frequent violations.
The City of Issaquah offers a comprehensive benefits package including a choice of medical and dental options, new staff accrue 24 days of vacation and sick pay per year, free membership to our community center and pool, paid life insurance, long term disability and retirement options including a matching program. The City also offers incentives to pursue further education and training, including Education Merit Pay, an Education Incentive Day Off, and tuition reimbursement.
The City of Issaquah supports workplace diversity. The City does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class status. Persons needing assistance in the application process may call the Human Resources Office at 425-837-3040.
About City of Issaquah
Issaquah is a rapidly growing community, well known for its environmental amenities, excellent quality of life, and countless cultural and educational opportunities. The City is a dynamic and growing city of more than 34,000 people, conveniently located off the interstate 90 corridor, just 16 miles east of Seattle. The City of Issaquah has been listed by Sunset Magazine as one of the Best “Burbs” in America and by Family Circle magazine as one of the best places to raise a family.
We enhance lives through public service.
The City of Issaquah will be a progressive, customer-focused, sustainable organization that values its employees and is committed to innovative solutions.
• Sustain Trust - We make trust the foundation of our relationships and cultivate it daily.
• Act with Integrity - We hold ourselves and each other accountable to the highest standards in all we say and do. Our actions are consistently respectful, direct, honest and transparent.
• Lead with Respect - As selfless leaders, we take the initiative to engage others and create momentum to accomplish the City’s vision for the interest of all stakeholders
• Maste...r Communication - We sustain an effective, compassionate and approachable team environment through our actions and words, while understanding that there are different communication styles.
• Own Your Actions - We are accountable for our actions while actively supporting each other to create an atmosphere that leverages our strengths, as well as encourages employee growth.
• ‘Ngaged - We are enthusiastic, focused, dedicated and productive employees who are proactive in our services to the community.