SYSTRA is a global leader in rail transportation engineering infrastructure. With a growing presence in multiple geographic locations across the country including New York (Headquarters), New Jersey, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC, SYSTRA is a key player in the railroad and mass transit industries. With more than 30 years of global experience, SYSTRA has worked alongside major transit agencies in over 150 countries to provide efficient and reliable rail transportation systems. SYSTRA’s broad project experience offers career growth opportunities for all our employees.
SYSTRA is currently seeking a Project Manager/Construction Manager in the New York City area. This is a long term permanent full time position reporting to the Vice President, CM/PM.
This assignment will provide oversight and construction management from conception to completion on a major transit project. The individual will represent the owner’s interest, consistent with SYSTRA’s scope of work, in coordinating, monitoring and reporting the Contractor’s performance regarding deliverables, contractual performance and work progress on a daily basis. Analyzes, manages and recommends mitigation strategizes to minimize risk related to scope, schedule, budget, quality and safety. Maintains liaison with individuals and units within or outside his/her organization with responsibility for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to this field.
- Serve as the single point of contact with the owner as Project Manager/Construction Manager, prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status and risk, and participate and lead construction progress meetings.
- Oversee and direct Construction Management team including Resident Engineers, Inspectors, and office support personnel assigned to the project’
- Ensure Construction Management has an in depth understanding of the Contractor’s deliverables, including schedule, staffing, cost control, quality and safety protocols adherence.
- Monitor schedule, quality, safety functions of Contractor.
- Provide the owner with the analysis and information required to direct the Contractor related to the execution of the work and scheduling with other 3rd parties or Force Account.
- Review and coordinate the work progress on a daily basis.
- Assure all Construction Management reports, daily logs, and other records related to the oversight and direction of the Contractor are completed in a timely manner, contain complete information, and are posted and distributed.
Required Minimum Education, Licenses & Work Experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensed in the State of New York
- Minimum of 15 years of construction management experience overseeing the construction of large, complex transit projects
- 10 years or more of in management or supervisory capacity of rail signal projects or equivalent transit experience on or around operating rail.
- New York City Transit Authority (NYCT), not required, but highly preferred.
- In lieu of PE, 12 or more years of experience in construction inspection, maintenance or design; or a bachelor degree in electrical engineering and eight (8) years of the experience described above.
- Proficiency in the following software programs: MS Excel, Word, and Outlook; ;a project management software such as Constructware, and ability to quickly learn software programs.
Desired Education, Licenses & Work Experience
1. Professional Engineer, preferably licensed in the State of New York
2. CCM certification may be accepted in lieu of PE
3. OSHA 30 hr. Certification or ability to obtain upon employment
4. NYCT Track Training will be provided
SYSTRA offers a range of competitive benefits including health insurance, life insurance, vacation/holidays/sick time, 401(k) with employer match, short-term/long-term disability, commuter assistance program, tuition reimbursement, and more!
SYSTRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.