Tectonic Engineering & Surveying Consultants is a full-service, multi-disciplined, professional engineering firm founded in 1986. The Company's success stems from a philosophy of providing clients with superior service through a staff of quality-minded professionals. Simply, we "ensure our clients' success by providing practical solutions and exceptional service within a positive work environment.”
An ENR Top 200 Firm, Tectonic provides unmatched capabilities in the following disciplines: Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Environmental Services, Land Surveying, Homeland Security, Site Acquisition/Real Estate, Program & Construction Management, and Construction Inspection and Materials Testing. We concentrate our services with the following core market sectors: Energy, Telecommunications, Land Planning, Transportation, Water Resources, Municipal, and Institutions, Education & Healthcare.
TECTONIC is currently seeking a Senior-Level Civil Engineer at our corporate headquarters located in Orange County, NY. Relocation Assistance is available for this exciting opportunity to join our Civil Engineering Group!
The Senior Civil Engineer will provide ongoing supervision and training of staff, and will oversee the creation of project designs from start to finish, including conceptual/master planning, design, reporting, permitting, and public presentations. They will also oversee the development, planning, and creation of documentation addressing details such as layout, grading, utilities, storm water management, erosion/sediment control, roadways, water resources, and regulatory compliance. Essential functions also include providing technical leadership to civil engineers, drafters, and administrative support to ensure the accurate and timely completion of projects, including the review and approval of documentation, to remain compliant with Company and client standards and requirements. The Senior Civil Engineer will also be responsible for all aspects of technical project planning for complex projects, including interactions with clients and contractors, for the duration of the project. Essential functions also include establishing and monitoring schedules and budgets as they relate to assigned projects, performing project site visits as needed, and all other duties as assigned.
Candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of diverse experience in land development, water resources, or municipal services;
- Must possess and maintain a valid NYS PE License;
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering is required; Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering is a plus;
- Must have experience with project management, client-relations management, design, and technical staff supervision;
- Must be detail oriented, with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Familiarity with AutoCAD 2014 required;
- Requires a valid, clean driver’s license and personal vehicle, as project site visits are required.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is frequently required to assume a stationary position, handle, inspect, and/or feel documents, materials and/or equipment relevant to the job and communicate about same. Occasionally, the employee will need to move around on the job-site, including maneuvering around construction site obstacles and hiking the landscape in various weather conditions, including rain and snow, sometimes while lifting and/or moving equipment up to 25 lbs. They employee must be able to safely operate a motor-vehicle; in which they may be required to remain stationary for a prolonged period of time. The employee will also communicate with colleagues, supervisors and clients by using the Corporate and client e-mail and telephone system.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All applicants will be considered based on their qualifications, skills and experience.
In addition to providing competitive salaries, TECTONIC offers a wide range of benefit options, including:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care
- Commuter benefit plan for public transportation costs
- 401K retirement and profit sharing plan.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. TECTONIC participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.