Position Open: February 10, 2017
Position Close: Until filled
Clark Nexsen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender idenity, disability, or protected veteran status. AAP. Drug-free workplace. E-verify. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Clark Nexsen, Inc.
Must apply online through corporate website at www.clarknexsen.com.
Clark Nexsen is a national architecture and engineering firm focused on creating innovative design solutions for U.S. and global clients. We are passionate about our work and are prominently ranked on numerous industry lists. Building Design + Construction ranks Clark Nexsen as a Top 20 architecture and engineering firm and we have been named to the Architect 50 list of top U.S. firms for the past four years. Our culture supports the pursuit of excellence to engage and inspire the best professionals.
Our firm is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, with 450 employees in office locations in Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Texas, and Washington, D.C. We offer outstanding compensation, benefits, and growth opportunities in a positive work environment. We believe we can create a better world through our work. Giving back is also a guiding philosophy. As a company and as individuals, we proudly volunteer and give back to the surrounding communities where we live and work.
Generous benefits: Health, Dental, 401k, Short and Long term Disability, Vacation/Sick leave, Aflac, Flexible benefits, and Legal Resources benefits are available.
We seek to hire a Senior Project Manager – Horizontal Infrastructure in our Roanoke, VA who will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and managing activities on horizontal infrastructure, civil and site development related projects of moderate to large scope. They are also responsible for mentoring and overseeing the work of Project Engineers.
The Senior Project Manager must be capable of successfully managing multiple projects or very large and complex projects to ensure project success. They will provide leadership and supervision of project support staff and also participate in firm activities to improve the processes and procedures used during the design, documentation, and construction administration activities of a project. They will also be actively involved in the marketing and business development activities of the company and develop strong professional and personal relationships with our clients, contractors, and consultants to foster repeat business.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Leading, motivating, and effectively communicating with a project team during scope and project execution
- Working with the Managing Principal to develop and present projects to clients, contractors, project team members, and members of the public through all stages of the project
- Coordinating with clients to ensure successful completion of projects that may involve either new construction or renovation
- Facilitating a professional and successful relationship between client, contractors, and the project team
- Running project meetings and participating in management meetings
- Actively support Managing Principals and Marketing in the Company’s marketing and business development activities
- Preparing contracts and fee proposals for managing principal review and participating in contract negotiations on large projects
- Ensuring staff compliance with quality control policies and procedures
- Developing and managing project planning, budgeting, and critical project objectives
- Assemble staff for project teams with input and concurrence from the managing principal
- Working with, responding to, and taking direction from Managing Principals and senior management
- Mentoring and developing project staff
- Ability to travel is required
Project responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor scope/schedule creep for potential additional services
- Provide weekly progress reports to Clients
- Maintain project documentation
- Assemble and maintain work plans
- Prepare and monitor project budgets and schedules with input from the project team and consultants