Alpha Assembly Solutions, a MacDermid Performance Solutions Business and a world leader in the development, manufacturing, and sales of innovative materials used in the assembly electronics, industrial joining and Photo Voltaic market places, is seeking a Quality Engineer for their Altoona, PA location.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
This position exists to provide quality engineering support for all production and service functions of the Alpha Altoona facility. The focus is improvement of product quality by studying, recommending, and follow-through on corrective action of product design or formulations, production processes, and the quality system itself in accordance with ISO 9001 and/or ISO/TS 16949, ISO/IEC 17025, A2LA Specific Requirements, and Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) Specific Requirements.
- Responsible for conducting process capability analysis studies of mfg. processes and recommending improvement opportunities with focus on reduction of variability. Provide assistance and guidance to Mfg. Engineering. The Quality Engineer also generates appropriate reports for management review and decision making.
- Shared responsibility for writing quality system procedures for compliance to ISO 9001 and/or ISO/TS 16949, ISO/IEC 17025, A2LA Specific Requirements and Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) Specific Requirements.
- Responsible for investigating customer complaints, including analysis, timely corrective action, resolution effectiveness, customer response, and record keeping.
- Performs process audits, dock audits and roving inspections as directed by the Quality Manager.
- Control and coordinate customer, suppliers, internal corrective action requests and Investigation Requests.
- Responsibility for generating and forwarding statistical reports to customers on a timely basis.
- Provide technical support to customers and prepare customer audit documentation.
- Creates PPAP documentation, including but not limited to FMEA’s, Control Plans, and Process Flows. Must ensure that these documents are accurate as current living documents.
- Establishes/ensures that proper statistically based sampling techniques are utilized for all products.
- Work with all departments in the use of established corrective & preventive action procedures and systems to ensure that root cause(s) are identified and permanent resolution is achieved.
- Shared responsibilities for nonconforming materials and MRB activities.
- Assists in conducting training on quality and statistical applications.
- Complete customer surveys and participate in all audits with regards to QMS in Altoona.
- Responsible to support to all “Plant Calibration Activities” and gage training as necessary. Performs all GR&R for the facility.
- Responsible for maintaining specification system at Altoona, ensures all current specs are created in JDE and any revisions are run through the feasibility review and approved before use.
- Authorized to generate and sign test reports, and certificates of analysis/compliance in accordance with the ISO/IEC 17025 requirements.