We are currently seeking candidates with extensive training experience on sprinkler inspection testing, and maintenance, design, and/or installation.
- Work with the Educational Services and Meetings departments providing all technical aspects to AFSA’s ITM (Inspections, Testing, Maintenance) Inspector Development Program;
- Primary instructor for live webinars and classes.
- Providing content for refinements and updates for future seminars on NFPA 25
- Communication with students or supervisors regarding challenges to test questions.
- Providing additional clarification on technical content of recorded webinars;
- Conferences with supervisors and/or students if a lesson is failed.
- Vetting of contracted instructors and their submitted materials.
- Manage technical content of eCampus (AFSA recorded on-line training);
- Expand the program: available lessons, type of interface,
- Update existing lessons.
- AFSA seminars and webinars.
- Presenting seminars on other technical topics,
- Presenting at AFSA Chapters, AFSA Conventions, and NFPA Conventions.
- Input on development of new material and review of submitted seminars;
- Providing verbal and written informal interpretation for AFSA members,
- Writing articles,
- Participating on NFPA technical committees,
- Heavy focus on improving standards (submitting changes).
Education and Experience
Candidate will have:
- Extensive training experience and hold a current NICET level II certification in Inspection and Testing of Water-Based Systems, or level III in Water-Based System Lay-out,
- Ten-plus years of sprinkler related experience,
- Good communication skills,
- Detailed understanding of the primary NFPA standards, with practical experience in the application of these standards,
- And the ability to develop and present programs on these criteria.
Benefits: Paid employee Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, 401K options, Basic Life. Paid holidays, Vacation, & Sick Time.