|Do you want to make a positive impact on your community? Bring your passion and project management skills to this dynamic team! The City of Bellevue Transportation Department is looking for an innovative, self-motivated and team-oriented senior engineer or project manager to fill a Senior Transportation Project Manager position in the Design Division. We are excited to provide an opportunity for an enthusiastic and forward-thinking engineer to join our progressive team. Our mission is to provide a safe and efficient transportation system that supports livable neighborhoods and a vital economy in partnership with the community. You can help us achieve this by demonstrating collaborative leadership to deliver transportation capital projects. You will ensure that project designs are of the highest quality, well-coordinated with project stakeholders, and delivered on time and within budget. |
At The City of Bellevue you'll be part of a team committed to providing exceptional customer service, upholding the public interest and being a part of the community vision. Our people bring unique skills and qualities to the table, embrace the values of honesty, accountability and commitment to service, and take pride in the work they do. You'll work in an environment where being innovative, collaborative, and future focused are the status quo. Bellevue welcomes the world. Our diversity is our strength. It's what makes The City of Bellevue an exciting place to work, live, and explore.
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: |
- Lead and manage the project delivery of transportation capital projects. This includes the responsibility for assembling project teams, developing project work plans, and managing the projects' scope, budget and schedule.
- Select consultants, negotiate consultant agreements, monitor consultant progress and expenditures, and provide project management and technical directions to consultants.
- Oversee the work produced by consultants to ensure that consultant deliverables are of high quality, meet the objectives of the project, and conform to applicable standards and regulations. This includes the responsibility to manage consultant design reviews and quality audits.
- Lead the project coordination between city project team members, other city departments, outside agencies and other external stakeholders such as franchise utilities, private developers, etc.
- Provide leadership in the public outreach and community involvement efforts, to ensure that capital projects obtain users and local community informed consent.
- Facilitate the negotiation and acquisition of required property rights.
- Facilitate the application and the execution of project grants.
- Obtain the required city, state, and federal project permits, including state and federal environmental documentation and approvals, when applicable.
- Be a leading member of the project construction team. This includes providing technical engineering support; facilitating communications with the Engineer of Record, and adjacent property and business owners; and managing the overall project budget during construction.
- Perform design work, and/or lead a design team, in the design of roadway, bikeway/walkway, and intersection improvement projects. This includes preparing plans, specifications, costs estimates, and final construction contract bid documents.