Arora is a growing firm that welcomes individuals with a thirst for knowledge and the energy to tackle projects that help take the infrastructure of our world to the next level. Arora provides clients in the aviation, transportation, education, government, and commercial/institutional sectors with engineering services for intelligent infrastructure solutions. Through smart design, construction management, and facilities maintenance management, we rethink industry needs to help keep clients on the cutting edge and add value to a project.
General Description: Arora Engineers, Inc. provides design and construction services for MEP, fire protection and alarms, and low voltage/special systems for aviation, transportation, educational, and health care related buildings and facilities.
Overall Responsibility: Responsible for the management of all mechanical products (HVAC & Plumbing) produced through the Design Studio at the Chadds Ford Office. Coordinate directly with relevant Corporate Practice Leads. Responsible for both the strategic and daily operations of the areas of the Company as designated by the Vice President/Operations Manager. Expected to contribute significantly to the Company’s development activities including but not limited to: building the Company’s market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating business relationships; developing strategies to support the success of the Arora business plan; and leading production activities.
- Manages Mechanical Engineering & Design Personnel by providing leadership, direction, mentoring, training, and guidance as required.
- Manages accuracy of finished product design, reviewing for completeness, conflict avoidance, and ensuring clients’ objectives are being met throughout life cycle.
- Develops solutions to various engineering problems and works to resolves technical discrepancies.
- Supports the Operations Manager to ensure high standards of quality, innovative design strategies, and to enhance the technical expertise of all studio staff.
- Supports the Operations Manager (also working through Project Managers, as appropriate) to optimize the utilization of the studio staff.
- Assumes role of Project Manager for projects assigned by Operations Manager
- Works with Project Managers to provide oversight and reporting to ensure projects are successful, including but not limited to scope, schedule and budget.
- Supports the Operations Manager to recruit new studio staff, recommend staff for promotion and rate increases, oversee their performance evaluations, and ensure the enforcement of company policies, terminating employees who consistently fail to perform to company standards and/or adhere to company policies.
- Adjusts and correlates data, recognizing and addressing discrepancies.
- Ensures all production adheres to quality Company Standards.
- Performs day-to-day QA/QC functions as necessary and ensures adherence to company’s QA/QC policy.
- Develops office staffing and utilization plans.
- Approves timesheets of office staff.
- Assists in the development of business in region to sustain growth and profitability.
- Reviews progress of work to ensure technical information is accurate and complete according to project scope.
- Establishes design considerations and creates Basis of Designs, as needed.
- Develops plans, specifications, and reports, as needed.
- Performs site visits and client meetings, as needed.
- Serves as lead contact for Accounts Receivables (AR) for their assigned projects.
- Prepares proposals, develops design fees and supports Marketing on opportunities.
- Supports Mechanical Corporate Practice Lead as required.
- Communicates engineering explanations to non-engineering staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.