Fire Sprinkler Inspector – Service - Austin, TX
Job Description and Duties: Service – Inspect, Test, Maintain, and Service Sprinkler Systems.
- ITM&S of all sprinkler systems.
- Test, inspect, maintain, service, repair and replace wet, dry, stand pipe, fire pump, hydrants, and pre-action sprinkler systems per NFPA 25 Standards as well as national, state and local codes.
- Complete and submit all required task-related, activity, productivity, reports, and other documentation in a timely manner.
- Follow troubleshooting guidelines and refer to technical/parts manuals, change notices, code books NFPA 13, 20, 25, and 72. Refer to bulletins, modification notices, etc. to diagnose & repair equipment or systems.
- Troubleshoot several different systems including valves, piping, pumps, compressors, trim and external components.
- Accurately document deficiencies found during an inspection.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of all tests performed.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending training classes when offered.
- Conduct routine preventative maintenance on fire suppression systems.
- Computer and software proficient.
- Ability to lift, move, and operate safely, equipment and tools weighing 60 plus pounds.
- Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working in ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Read, comprehend and apply information such as shop drawings, diagrams, schematics, submittals, software/systems, programs, and operation/product manuals.
- Understand the roles of an inspector, importance of providing quality service, inspections and technical installation support.
- Adhere to all OSHA, customer and company safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor and attitude always.
- Demonstrate cooperation, teamwork and a commitment to professional and organizational development.
- Mentor, train and develop new employees to the trade.
- Health, Dental, Vision, ADDM, LTD and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- PTO- Paid Time Off
- Weekly Payroll
- Company vehicle for qualified applicants
Depending on qualifications, experience and certifications.
Full-time (Three positions available)
- Valid Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or GED
- RME- Inspectors License or obtain receive within sixty days
- Insurable (No high risk) as determined by company vehicle insurance carrier
- OSHA 10 or 30 a strong plus
- Backflow license a strong plus
- Fire Hydrant Certification a strong plus
- Fire Pump inspection and testing experience a strong plus
- Knowledge of NFPA 11,12,12A,13,15,17,20,24,25 codes
- Clean Background Check
- Clean Driving Record
- Pass Drug Screen Continuously
- Security Check
Koetter Fire Protection and its affiliates are a privately owned, Texas based company established in 1961 with over 250 employees. Koetter is looking for team members with a humble, confident attitude who believe in doing the right things through teamwork, dedication and commitment. Honesty and Integrity are a requirement to be a member of this team. Our purpose, cause and passion is “We are the solution that makes the difference in Fire Protection.” We are a family oriented, innovative company with dedicated and proficient employees. We pride ourselves on offering the highest quality of service and products in the industry to our established and future customer base.