| Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals. |
The Licensed Plumber will assemble, install, and repair pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes.
- Responsible to pull plumbing permits when required
- Must allow for a plumbing apprentice to work under their license
- Responsible for preventative maintenance, installation, trouble shooting, and renovations of plumbing and its associated systems. These include sanitary waste/venting, acid waste/venting, domestic hot and cold water distribution, distilled water, demineralized water, compressed air, oxygen, vacuum, gas, carbon dioxide, sprinkler systems and chemical fire protection.
- Use hand and power operated tools such as pipe wrenches, hack saws, hammers, screw drivers, pliers, taps, dies, die stock, power drills, metal cutting saws and pipe threading machine.
- Use blueprints and sketches to locate, build, repair, and/or do preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for maintaining records of work done, time records and P/M records through the CMMS system.
- Must have good knowledge of Massachusetts Plumbing and Gas Codes.
- May be required to be on call.
- Must provide the highest level of personal protection at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.