Part-time position available for experienced professional. The Project Inspector is responsible for reviewing construction plans and specifications and providing inspection services on this construction projects in compliance with plans and specifications. It is preferred that the Project Inspector have the following qualifications:
- Associate Degree or equivalent certification/licensing in engineering, engineering technology, construction management, construction technology or a related field.
- 5+ years direct experience in inspection, design, or construction of water and wastewater facilities.
- NICET certification a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of federal, commonwealth, county and local codes.
- Knowledge and understanding citing and enforcing code requirements in the construction of commercial buildings, heavy industrial buildings, pump stations, and wastewater treatment facilities, roads, bridges, and drainage structures.
- The ability to read, understand, and apply code requirements as they apply to construction situations.
- The ability to clearly, accurately, and completely document code violations.
- The ability to work under little or no regular supervision.
- The ability to maintain an effective working relationship with builders, contractors, consultants, fellow employees, other departments, and the general public.
- The ability to read, write, and speak English at a level necessary for satisfactory job performance.
- Ability to climb ladders, work on scaffolding, crawl in and out of attic spaces and building crawl spaces.
- Trained and certified in: fall protection, CPR, first air, confined space entry, and OSHA construction safety.
GRW offers a wide variety of engineering services for our clients' infrastructure and building design projects. Our multidiscipline personnel function as a cohesive design team to create local and regional utility systems, energy-efficient building components, environmentally-sensitive site development, and safe, modern transportation facilities. Utilizing our firm's vast resources, we are able to complete most projects with in-house resources and meet challenging schedules.
EEO Employer F/M/Vet/Disabled
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.