Southwest Engineers is seeking an Assistant Project Manager/E.I.T with experience in land development.
Our firm is growing rapidly and this is an exciting time with many opportunities. For 40 years we have maintained an environment where team members are empowered in building successful and fulfilling careers. We are partners and friends in and out of the office, often sharing lunches and celebrating milestones and birthdays with true Texas style.We offer great benefits and a low-traffic commute to our Buda office making work life that much easier.
The right person for the job is capable of efficient time management and possesses a problem solving attitude. Excellent verbal/ written communication skills, experience with Civil3D, AutoCAD and knowledge of municipal design regulations is necessary.
A successful Assistant Project Manager/ E.I.T will exercise sound decision making, take initiative and exhibit knowledge showing responsibility of project.
RESPONSIBILITIES and SKILLS (including but not limited to):
• Assist project managers in the drafting and design of land development construction plans for commercial and residential projects.
• Preparation of detailed technical reports, cost estimates, memorandums to clients/reviewing agencies and permitting applications
• Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
• Review of local zoning codes, preliminary entitlements, process requirement submittals, and permitting requirements.
• Prepares for engagement reviews, quality assurance and quality control procedures.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored/filed appropriately.
• Tracks and reports project hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
• Flexibility in managing job task as deadlines and project priorities change
• Understands basic revenue models, and makes decisions accordingly to cost-to-completion projections, pricing models, and billing procedures.
• Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
• Delivers engaging, informative, and well-organized presentations.
• Manages day-to-day client interaction and understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully, both written and oral.
• Direct production work of engineering CAD technicians.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients and public agencies.
• Ability to manage multiple task on multiple projects.
• Two to seven (2-7) years of experience in design and municipal regulations of land development projects.
• B.S. in Civil Engineering from an A.B.E.T Accredited School
• Working knowledge of computer assisted engineering and design software such as: AUTOCAD, Civil-3D, HEC-HMS or PondPack, HEC-RAS, and exposure to municipalities databases and GIS, etc is desired.
• Private Commercial and residential land development experience required.
• Ability to supplement designs, calculations, and drawings supporting our client's overall project goals.
Salary, benefits, and all company information will be discussed upon a scheduled interview.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Additional Salary Information: Will be discussed upon interview.
About Southwest Engineers Inc
Southwest Engineers is a 40-year-old full-service civil engineering and consulting firm committed to excellence in land development projects, water/wastewater infrastructure, street and drainage design and all associated permitting, for over 700 clients across the state of Texas. Our firm is growing rapidly and this is an exciting time with many opportunities. Since 1978, we have maintained an environment where team members are empowered in building successful and fulfilling careers. We are partners and friends in and out of the office, often sharing lunches and celebrating milestones and birthdays with true Texas style. If you are interested in joining a talented group of people, please send us your resume.