Arconic is currently in search of Quality Systems Leader to join our Metallurgical Quality Systems group in Lancaster, PA.
At Arconic, we are looking for people who share our values of integrity, inclusion, and diversity, and who demonstrate agility, results commitment, and the capability to grow themselves and others. In return, we offer the opportunity to Grow Together with ongoing opportunities for professional growth provided by a constantly changing environment, working alongside employees who value the people they work with just as much as the work they do.
This position is responsible for the overall operation of the Quality System for the facility. The Quality Systems Leader creates and maintains documentation pertaining to the quality system, develops and leads the internal audit and supplier quality programs, manages the internal corrective action system, prepares and delivers quality systems training, and leads periodic management reviews of the system. The position is the primary interface with 3rd party registrars for ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 quality certificates and is the primary contact for customer requests concerning product compliance to legal and legislative requirements. The Quality Systems Leader must be a dynamic leader capable of leading cross-functional groups of employees in improving the quality system.
• Supervises one or more Quality Systems Engineers, Supplier Quality Specialist(s) and Calibration Technician(s)
• Lead the location in preparing for 3rd party quality system registration audits and coordinate the closure of related non-conformances
• Lead the location in preparing for customer audits and coordinate the closure of related non-conformances. Respond to and complete customer quality evaluation surveys.
• Plan, arrange and organize periodic management reviews of the quality operating system.
• Administer the formal corrective action system.
• Manage the Location’s equipment calibration system.
• Act as the primary contact for response to customer requests for product compliance to requirements provided in legislation enacted by the U.S. Federal Government, Governments of U.S. States, the European Union or other relevant legislative bodies.
• Maintain the Quality Manual and Quality System Procedures and update as necessary to comply with the quality operating system.
• Lead the location in the use and analysis of statistical methods such as control charts, capability studies, problem solving, Pareto Diagrams, Measurement Systems Analysis and other statistical tools for evaluating and reducing process variability.
• Lead the Location in the application of Process Management and Visual Process Management per Corporate and GRP standards
• Provide coaching in development of 8D Corrective actions
• Provide guidance in preparation of Process Flow Diagrams, Process FMEA’s and Control Plan
• Establishing performance goals and conducts performance evaluations,
• Coaches and trains direct report(s) in quality system requirements
• Provide training for internal auditors, area and departmental manual coordinators, quality awareness training for new employees, and provide basic statistical training.
• Coordinate and lead the internal quality audit system, including audits of Process FMEA’s and Control Plans
• Guide the location in effective implementation of Layered Process and Product Audits.
• Provide systems that ensure timely equipment calibrations, with appropriate reaction to equipment found to be out of calibration.
• Administer the formal corrective action system. Provide training and assistance to all plant departments in use of the system and correct application of relevant procedures. Pursue resolution of identified system issues. Monitor corrective actions for timely completion. Advise Management on opportunities for improvement based on corrective action analysis.
• Support and provide technical assistance for Advanced Product Quality Planning as well as in the development and maintenance of PPAP documentation.
• Administer the supplier quality system, including specification of quality critical goods and services, maintaining records of Approved Quality Critical Suppliers, conducting supplier audits and assessments and acting as the location contact for supplier corrective action requests.
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
• EEO: MANAGEMENT/SUPERVISORY POSITIONS: The incumbent shall take such steps to assure that all employment practices under his or her control, including hiring, promotions, demotions, and discipline are conducted so as to comply with equal employment opportunity laws and Arconic company policy.