APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, June 2, 2023
VRE is the Place to Be! Check out this exciting opportunity to come onboard as our Human Resources Manager! We are seeking an innovative, highly motivated HR professional with solid management experience to join our team in delivering safe, cost-effective, accessible, reliable, convenient, and comfortable commuter-oriented passenger rail service to communities in Central/Northern Virginia. VRE is an inclusive, collaborative, engaging, and family-oriented workplace where business is conducted with a strong team focus, safety culture, and results-driven approach.
What are we looking for? Progressively responsible HR management experience delivering human resources strategies and programs in support of organizational goals. Comfort and agility in managing and delivering HR services while moving fluidly between the manager and practitioner roles. Competitive candidates will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, management, organizational development, management, or a related discipline
- Experience managing and delivering the full range of human resources program areas (talent acquisition, compensation & benefits, employee relations, workforce planning and development, health and wellness, recognition, etc.) as well as related projects and special initiatives
- Experience planning and prioritizing work while ensuring alignment with business goals and objectives
- Proven ability to build and maintain highly collaborative and positive working relationships with managers and employees in the office and field settings
- Skill, comfort, and agility in managing and delivering HR services in both the manager and practitioner roles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including experience developing and delivering presentations to diverse audiences
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and SharePoint
- Professional HR certification as a PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP preferred
- Public sector/transportation/rail experience a plus
- Experience using ADP Workforce Now or similar HRIS/enterprise technology also a plus
This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary and outstanding benefits. Compensation starting from $132.000 dependent on experience & credentials of successful candidate.
- Virginia Retirement System (VRS) membership
- No and low-premium health insurance options
- Dental and vision insurance
- Disability and life insurance
- Pre-tax childcare and health flexible spending plans
- Paid time off including a generous number of holidays
- No cost travel on VRE trains and free office parking
- Continuing education, professional development and tuition reimbursement
Come grow with us! Consider VRE for your next HR career move! To learn more information about VRE, this position, and to apply, visit the VRE Career Center.
VRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer